Monday 8 February 2010

What is my job?

It is my job to find words to describe. I research for years, this fascination for what I feel I should express. It is my job to find metaphors. I describe something as something else to create a new vision. It is my job to create. I become creative and manipulate techniques making obscure items which I claim have meaning. I borrow money. I can’t get a paid job I'm far too busy. I dedicate my life. To this culture, a culture of art and design – the creative process.

Then my research is overwhelmed by personal experience. I run out of metaphors, my creativity is distracted. I feel guilt for family finance. My dedication to the creative process runs low.

And I realise that my job is yours. This experience in itself is art; the beauty of you brings a new meaning. I want to be your culture because you fascinate me. I want to dedicate myself to you.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to think that grammer was my gramma and your gramma too. Like a contemporary family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a box, one large box of lovers. One large family, one large contemporary family of literature.
    i like to think of my mother as a stanza and my father as an apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete